Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in Shrewsbury, New Jeresey!!
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu today is a worldwide phenomenon. Rising out of obscurity in the early part of the 20th century it has become one of the most widely practiced martial arts. BJJ is recognized by its groundwork. Similar to wrestling and Judo, with it’s objective to control the opponent on the ground and ultimately submit him or her. Our Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu program is a fantastic compliment to our stand-up Kyokushin fight game. The benefits to the class are many. You will get in great shape, be fit and strong, manage your weight, and develop focus, confidence, persistence, and passion for a great style. Not to mention pick up a fantastic self-defense life skill on the ground. Incorporated in the program are Judo style throws and takedowns. This is a big part of the functional aspect of the curriculum.
Warning: “If you can’t defend yourself on the ground, then you cannot defend yourself!”
Right here in Shrewsbury, people are discovering the secrets of one of the world’s most proven and effective ground-fighting and self-defense martial art: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu!
And Believe It Or Not… You Can Try Our Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) Program Out For 30 FREE Days!
You see that “Warning” at the top there, well, it’s there for good reason. Because if you’re the least bit serious about learning how to defend yourself, then you absolutely must know the proven, “battle-tested” ground-fighting techniques of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
“Most – nearly ALL – fights end up on the ground or in grappling range at one point or another.” That’s a FACT.
That means basically that if you don’t know how to defend yourself on the ground, you’re putting yourself (and even your loved ones) at extreme risk.
Let’s face it. If Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a “must-know” thing for profession mixed martial arts fighters like the guys fighting in the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) these days, it should most definitely be a “must-know” for pretty much anyone.
That’s because the “fight-ending submissions” and “fight-controlling positions” of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu have been battle-tested in combat, in a cage, in a ring and on the street.
“Skinny Guy From Brazil Wins 1st UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) Using ‘Secret’ Grappling Techniques”
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (or “BJJ”) has been around for a long time, long before a no-holds-barred fighter from Brazil named Royce Gracie made it popular in the early ‘90s when he won the very first UFC – which at the time were “bare knuckle” and had “no rules” – and he won it in dominating fashion, ending all of his fights on the ground using his BJJ “secret techniques”.
The crazy thing about what Royce Gracie did was that he was only around 180 pounds when he fought. He was this skinny little guy; he didn’t “look” like a fighter. But he won and exposed a glaring weakness in all of martial arts… that most people were absolutely clueless on how to defend themselves once a fight got to the ground.
At the time these mysterious moves this fighter was using were secrets to MOST people because hardly anybody in America was aware of them at the time. You had these huge, strong, scary-looking guys who had skills on their feet but once they got within grappling range, the fight went to the ground and it was all over.
“The Ultimate Self Defense & Ground Fighting System”
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu was developed over many, many years as a fighting and self-defense system that will allow a smaller, weaker person to control a much bigger, stronger opponent using technique.
These techniques were proven effective in combat years ago and still today, the world’s top mixed martial arts (MMA) fighters are ALL learning Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
And just because the world’s best fighters are using THIS particular martial art on the ground, doesn’t mean you have to be a “fighter” or some kind of world class athlete to learn it. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is for EVERYONE!
“You Don’t Have To Be A Fighter To Enjoy Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu”
It doesn’t matter if you’re older or young, if you’re big and looking to lose weight or small and looking to build strength… it doesn’t matter if you’re male or female… or even if you want to compete or not (and in our program, you don’t need to want to compete; most people who want to try BJJ aren’t interested in competition)… in shape or out of shape, ALL are welcome…
As a matter of fact, there are all kinds of people from right here in <<Insert Your Area>> discovering the benefits of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) training at <<Insert Your School’s Name>>, and if you haven’t checked it out for yourself yet, then, well, you’re missing out big time.
Because while BJJ will teach you how to defend yourself once a fight gets in the grappling range or on the ground, it also gets you in great shape, builds strength and flexibility, and is pretty darn fun, too.
Here is some of what Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu training here at The Phoenix Way
Will Do For You…
Shows You How To Defend Yourself – You’ll learn how to defend yourself on the street, if an attacker grabs you, and you’ll discover how to handle things once a fight goes to the ground – whether you’re on the top or on the bottom… and even if your attacker is much bigger and stronger than you are. Because BJJ is based on using superior leverage and body positioning to overcome bigger stronger attackers, it is one of the most important martial arts to learn
Encourages Fat Loss – BJJ is a martial art that focuses on total body positioning, meaning you’re using 100% of your body at all times to maximize its effectiveness. That means your cardio will get better along with your overall body strength, resulting in fat loss. By practicing BJJ you will work every single muscle in your body – doing that burns a lot of calories, which in turn burns a lot of fat.
Builds Strength, Power & Endurance – You will strengthen and develop muscles you never even know existed! But don’t let that scare you…it’s a good thing… because instead of building up useless, bloated gym muscles, you’ll develop real, functional muscles and functional strength by doing sport-specific exercises… while still being able to make your body look fantasic.
Develops Mental Toughness – It takes a degree of mental toughness to put yourself in uncomfortable positions at the mat. When someone is trying to control you, it can get even more uncomfortable – especially if you don’t know what you’re doing. However, by learning BJJ and applying the concepts, you’ll feel more in control of your body and your mind, and the uncomfortable positions will soon become no problem.
Improves Your Cardio & Conditioning – You’ll get in kick-butt shape learning how to do Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu with us. Just by coming to practice and learning the moves, your body will start to transform and your muscles will condition themselves to handle the training. You’ll notice your cardio and breathing getting better, your lungs will get stronger and you’ll feel your muscles get more toned. A bonus of all that is that not only will you feel better, you’ll look better… and people WILL notice.
Increases Your Flexibility – You won’t become muscle-bound and stiff like many people do who just lift weights all the time. You’ll still build strength training BJJ while at the same time become more flexible. You don’t have to be flexible to start training BJJ.
Reduces Stress – It’s a fact that regular exercise is not only healthy – it’s a key element in reducing stress in your life. A problem with plain-old “gym workouts” is that they usually get pretty boring – but not with BJJ training – with BJJ training, you’re in a positive environment of constant learning (which is another key element in stress reduction). You’re getting taught by our trained instructors to continually get better each and every time you step on our mats… and not only that, you’ll have coaches and teammates helping you along the way. So if you’ve had a stressful day, you can rest assured your stress levels will be reduced the minute you walk into our academy.
Doesn’t Get Boring… In Fact, It’s FUN! – Our students are having a ton of fun learning BJJ. Let’s face it. Going to a regular gym can be boring, especially when you’re going through the same old routine day in and day out. Instead of walking from machine to machine like some kind of zombie, you’ll be able to actually learn something that could save your life while at the same time getting in spectacular shape and learning to defend yourself. You’ll be constantly learning and applying techniques that could save your life and you’ll be doing it in an atmosphere that promotes fun and learning.
Now that we’ve covered some of the benefits you’ll get from training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu with us (and we’re going to cover even more below), let’s answer an important question…
WHO Is Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu For?
“BJJ Is For EVERYBODY! Literally, ANYONE Can Do It!”
Since BJJ is based on techniques designed to allow a smaller, weaker person to defeat a bigger, stronger attacker, it doesn’t matter how big or small you are. You you’re big, no problem. Small, skinny, even if you think your “weak”… it doesn’t matter. BJJ techniques can be applied by anyone because it’s based on leverage and positioning… and the added benefit is that you’ll get stronger, healthier and more fit from the training with us.
• You Don’t Have To Be Flexible…
• You Don’t Have To Be Strong…
• You Don’t Need To Have Previous Athletic Experience…
• You Don’t Have To Want To Compete…
• You Don’t Have To Be In Shape…
No matter your age, sex, previous experience (even if you have none at all), whether you’re in shape or out of shape, strong or not, no matter what kind of job you have, you’re going to absolutely LOVE training BJJ here at <<Insert Your School’s Name>> along with our other happily-involved students.
On top of that, while you’re training here, you’ll get no pressure to compete. Some of our students compete and many of our students don’t – it’s all up to you. You won’t get any pressure from us. What we do promise you, though, is that we will do everything in our power to help you achieve your goals in BJJ, no matter what they are.
And not only that…
• You’ll learn “tried and tested” techniques, not unproven-in-combat theoretical stuff that’s in a lot of those “other” martial arts
• You’ll learn submission techniques that end a fight or match quickly and efficiently without things getting “messy”
• You’ll develop close combat fighting skills can save your life (this is especially important for law enforcement and military)
• You’ll discover techniques and strategies for self-defense (street fighting) and competition (in the ring, on the mat, or in the cage)
• You’ll learn brutal chokes, arm locks, leg locks and other ways to finish a fight without have to throw a single punch or kick
• You’ll learn fight-ending submission holds that will make your attacker cry “uncle!” in no time flat
• You’ll discover how to control and defeat larger attackers who are stronger than you are
• You’ll transform into a knowledgeable grappler even if you have no previous experience (in fact, many students who visit us for the first time never did sports or martial arts before; they just want to give BJJ a try)
• You’ll be a part of our team and you’ll be treated with respect by our professional, courteous staff (we don’t try to intimidate people or show how “tough” we are; we don’t need to; it isn’t about our “ego” anyway – it’s about what we can do for YOU and how we can build you up into the best shape of your life while learning how to grapple in the process)
• You’ll learn the basic BJJ fundamental principles and techniques you need to have to get to a more advanced level (we’ll teach you exactly what you need to know to become a quality grappler)
• You’ll be able to train and practice at a pace that you can personally absorb and retain all the information you learn in the most effective way possible
• You’ll be able to get a great workout and learn crucial self defense and life-saving grappling techniques while not having to worry about getting injured (safety is our #1 priority)
• You’ll be training in a safe, structured environment
• You’ll experience the mental and physical rush of BJJ training as you learn techniques that you’ll be able to apply on an attacker or opponent in a real live scenario
• You’ll have inside access to all our professional instructors who are trained to “build you up” as a student
• You’ll get stronger, get tougher, you’ll improve your endurance and stamina along with your cardio and breathing not to mention looking better and feeling better (after training with us for less than 30 days we are sure your friends will be asking you what you’ve been up to)
• You’ll get exceptional service (We pride ourselves on the value we give to our students. If you have a question about anything at all, we will answer it. If you have any problems, we’ll solve them. If you need help, we will help you. We are 100% committed to your personal development as a mixed martial arts athlete.)
• You’ll be part of a team where coaches and instructors CARE about you and your success
“Quality Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Training Is Hard To Find”
A big problem many people who want to start training BJJ have is that they can’t find a quality school to train at. There are just not many good schools out there that are qualified to train people in the art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and submission grappling. Sure, a lot of schools “say” they’re good, but the reality is that good, quality BJJ schools are hard to find. That’s the bad news… the GOOD news is that you live close by to the top BJJ school in your area. And, for a limited time, we’re offering a 30-day Free Trial Program so you can see if our proven BJJ training system meets your needs.
30-Day Free Trial
Wouldn’t you agree the best way to really see if our BJJ program will meet your needs is to come give it a try for yourself for 30 days absolutely FREE?
Once you call our training facility (732-890-5039) and schedule a time that’s good for you to come see us, we’ll give you a tour of our school, you’ll get a free private introductory lesson and you’ll also get a free one-on-one consultation with one of our highly-trained program counselors so we can figure out if we can meet your needs. In fact, we’re so confident we can meet your needs with our BJJ program, we offer…
60-Day Money Back Guarantee
We are so confident you’ll love our program just as much as our current happily-involved students. So confident, in fact, we are offering a 60-day money-back guarantee. If you participate in our BJJ classes for 60 days and decide that our program is not what you wanted, just tell us and we’ll immediately refund your money (but we highly doubt you’ll do that). That’s how confident we are in the value that you’ll get by being a part of our BJJ program.
“If you’re thinking about giving our Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) program a try, then this will be the smartest decision you can make for yourself.”
Give us a call NOW to start our amazing 30-Day Free Trial Program so you can experience the thrill of MMA training with us! Don’t wait. Call us NOW.
It’s easy to get started right away. Just give us a call and ask for Anthony (Our phone lines are open 24-hours a day, so you can give us a call and speak with a live person even if it’s 3:00am in the morning.)
You Really Can’t Afford Not To Try “The Phoenix Way‘s 30-Day Free Trial Program”
Thank you for reading!